Migrating Outlook 2010 contact groups to 2016
With the migration to Outlook 2016 your contact groups will need to be export from Outlook 2010 and imported to Outlook 2016. This guide will show you how.
Follow these steps:
- In Outlook, go to the Contacts view, double click the contact group you want to export, then go to File > Save As.
- In the Save As window.
- Select the folder that you will save this contact group into.
- Enter a name for the exported group in the File name box.
- Click the Save as type box, and select the Text Only from the drop down list.
- Click the Save button.
- After saving the group *please delete the contact group from Outlook 2010.*
- Next open Excel and then File > Open.
- In the pop up window.
- Open the folder that you saved the exported contact group into.
- Click the second box behind File Name, and then select All Files from the drop down list.
- Double click on your save Contact Group.
- In the Text Import Wizard, make sure Delimited is checked and click the Finish button.
- On the Excel document Hide/Delete all columns but the persons name and email address.
- Next Copy the group members name and email address.
- In Outlook 2016, go to your contacts.
- Click New Contact Group.
- Click Add Members > From Outlook Contacts.
- In the Members field paste the copied contact group.
- Click OK.
- Enter and name for your group and click Save & Close.
- Your Contact Group has now been imported.