Creating a Contact Group in Outlook
A Contact Group, known in previous Outlook versions as a distribution list, is a grouping of email addresses collected under one name. A message sent to a Contact Group goes to all recipients that are listed in the group. You can include Contact Groups in messages, task requests, meeting requests, and in other Contact Groups.
Follow these steps:
- In Outlook click Contacts in the lower left hand corner.
- Click the Home tab located at the top of the window.
- Click New Contact Group.
- In the Name box, type a name for the Contact Group.
- Next click on Add Members you can choose to add members from:
- Outlook Contacts
- Address Book
- New E-mail contact
- In the Address Book drop-down list, click the address book that contains the email addresses that you want to include in your Contact Group.
- In the list of name, click the names that you want, and then click Members. You can add names from different address books to the same Contact Group.
- Do this for each person whom you want to add to the Contact Group, and then click OK.
- Display name - Ex. John Doe
- E-mail address - Ex. John.Doe@upicsolutions.org
- E-mail type - SMTP (Default)
- Internet format: Let Outlook decide the best sending format (Default)
- Add to contacts - Recommended
- Click OK
Video Tutorial - Creating a Contact Group in Outlook