The CEO Case Tool consists of entities and reports that work together to generate the material needed for CEO Calls. The CEO Case record must be created and saved first. It provides the settings that the reports use to help the user determine the best comparison companies and to generate the Case material that is going to be used during the CEO call. It consists of the following entities and reports.
CEO Case Record: Holds the settings used by the various reports to generate the CEO Case material.
CEO Case Recommendations (Strategies): Shown in the CEO Case record as Strategies this is a list of recommended strategies that can be added to the CEO case. All strategies are automatically added to the CEO case strategies section when a new CEO Case record is saved for the first time.
UPIC CEO Case Suggested Comparison Company Report: This report is run from the CEO Case record. It provided an overview of the selected companies campaign history along with lists of accounts that are comparable based on location in the top 50, Overall Demographics, Campaign Total, Number of Employees/Donors, or Leadership numbers. Companies that are similar in more than one category will be highlighted. If the selected company is within the top 50 it will be highlighted in a list showing other companies close to it in rank.
UPIC CEO Case Variable Roll-up Report: This report is run from the CEO Case record. It is used for creating cases one at a time. It allows the additional flexibility of being able to choose the child companies that you wish to be included with the selected company and the comparative companies.
UPIC CEO Case Report: This Report is run from a list of selected CEO Case records and can be used to create multiple CEO Cases at one time. The one limitation of this report is that all child companies are assumed to be included with the parent. If a particular child account needs to be excluded from the campaign numbers the UPIC CEO Case Variable Roll-up report must be used instead.
Creating a new CEO Case Record
- Go to RD and Click on CEO Cases
- Click on +New to begin a new CEO Case
- Select values for the required fields*
- Name: Provide a unique descriptive name.
- Campaign Year: Select the current campaign year (e.g. 2017). The Case will show data from the three previous years (e.g. 2016, 2015, 2014)
- Selected Company:
- Compare Company 1: First company the selected company is being compared to.
- Compare Company 2: Second company the selected company is being compared to.
- Save the record by using the Save button in the upper left.
- Saving the record for the first time opens up the ability to run reports to either find comparable companies or to create the CEO case material.
Running the UPIC Suggested Caparison Companies Report
- Before any of the related reports can be run the CEO Case record must be saved. Populate the required fields marked with * and save the record. If you do not know what compare companies you want to use select them at random. Once the record is saved you will then have the ability to run the UPIC Suggested Comparison Companies Report. You can then go back and select appropriate comparison companies and save the record again before running the reports.
- From the CEO Case record click on the Run Report Menu and select UPIC Suggested Comparis...
- Use this report to choose comparison companies. Companies with similarities across multiple categories will be highlighted
- This report can also be used to review the campaign statistics for the selected company and decide on possible strategies and what-if scenarios.
Running the UPIC CEO Case Variable Roll-up Report
- From the CEO Case record click on the Run Report Menu and select UPIC CEO Case Variable Ro...
- Once the report is generated export it to PDF by using the export icon.
- To exclude child accounts click on the dropdown and uncheck the accounts and click view report to refresh.
CEO Case setting and how they effect the CEO Case reports
The CEO Case form is divided into a number of sections. Values in these sections effect the CEO case in various ways as outlined below. Modify these settings as needed and save the record before running the report.
Fill in the required fields
Name*: Provide a unique descriptive name.
Campaign Year*: Select the current campaign year (e.g. 2017). The Case will show data from the three previous years (e.g. 2016, 2015, 2014)
Select Company Name Override: Can be used to override the name of the company as shown in the system. This is often used for Roll-up accounts
Compare Company 1*: First company the selected company is being compared to.
Company Name 1 Override: Can be used to override the name of Compare Company 1 as shown in the record. This is often used for Roll-up accounts
Compare Company 2*: Second company the selected company is being compared to.
Company Name 2 Override: Can be used to override the name of the Compare Company 2 as shown in the record. This is often used for Roll-up accounts
Include Leadership in Average Gift Calculation: A number of calculations utilize the average gift. For companies with a large number of leaders, the average gift number can appear to be unrealistically high especially for companies with a small number of donors. By Unchecking this field Leadership dollars are excluded from the average gift calculation allowing a more realistic number to be used reflecting the average non-leadership giver.
Suggested Goal Pledge Increase Percentage: Used to set the goal as a percentage increase of the total dollars from the previous year. For example if the previous year Total Dollars was $30,000 and a 10 is put in this field representing an increase of 10% then the suggested goal that shows on the case report would be $33,000 or the $30,000 from the previous year plus 10% of $30,000 which is $3000
Additional Corporate $: This number is used to modify the previous year Corporate Dollar figure if the number the report is pulling is not accurate for some reason. This can happen for example if a change has been reported but not yet processed. A positive number is added to the figure and a negative number will be subtracted.
Additional Employee $: This number is used to modify the previous year Employee Dollar figure if the number the report is pulling is not accurate for some reason. This can happen for example if a change has been reported but not yet processed. A positive number is added to the figure and a negative number will be subtracted.
This section is used in the What if section of the CEO case to tell you how much new revenue would be generated if particular scenerio(s) were to take place. These calculations work with the previous year data. When field(s) are populated line item(s) will show up in the What if section
Leadership Giving Total Increase by x%: Leadership Dollars * x%
$68,476 *10% = $6848 (It rounds to the nearest dollar)
Existing Donors Increase Gift by $x Per Person: Number of Donors * $x
52*$10 = $520
Participation Increase by x Percentage Points: (Number of Employees * Participation Increase) * Average Gift
(106 * 0.10) * $325 = $3445
Corporate New Dollar Match: Total of all the new dollars generated by the other what-if scenarios minus the previous year corporate dollars
($6848 + $520 + $3445) - 2500 = $8313
Which generates the following What-if Section on the final report
Possible campaign increase is the sum of all the New dollars
($6848 + $520 + $3445 + $8313) = $19,126
Potential opportunity with increase is Total Dollars + Possible campaign increase
$81,648 + $19,126 = $100,774
There are two options for the corporate gift request. Corporate New Dollar Match or Corporate Gift Request. If one is populated the other is not available on the form. The example above utilizes the Corporate New Dollar Match.
The other option for the corporate gift is to request a dollar amount. This is accomplished through the Corporate Gift Request $ field. Populating this field adds a line to the what-if section which says Corporate gift increases to requested goal. The new dollars figure on that line will be the difference between the the Corporate Gift Request $ and the Total Dollars from the previous year. Please make sure that your Corporate Gift Request $ is larger than the previous year corporate gift or else the new dollars figure will be negative.
When a new CEO Case is created the Strategies section is populated by default. Items can be removed by clicking on the strategy, highlighting it and then clicking the trashcan icon on the right. The + sign on the right can be used to add additional strategies. Click on the + sign and select the magnifying glass icon to search for available strategies.
Generating Multiple CEO Cases
Multiple CEO Case reports can be generated at one time and put into one PDF file. To do this...
- Bring up a list of CEO cases and select the ones needed by putting check marks next to them
- Click on the Run Report Menu and select UPIC CEO Case. If it is not available click on the ... and look for it there.
- Select The selected records and click Run Report
- Export to PDF.