An Organization Account can be created for a real organization such as a business, a bank, an agency, or a United Way. An Organization Account can also be created for something that will serve as an "umbrella" or a category for the convenience of reporting, data management and data analysis (Examples: Campaign Accounts for reporting, Event Accounts for tracking revenue and attendances, Tailoring Accounts for web design and customization, Group Contract Account for a group of accounts that would have a different administration fee, Undesignated Account to hold undesignated dollars, Federation Accounts, Service Categories, Community Care Accounts, etc.). We distinguish the different types of Organization Accounts by profile attribute. The account profiles look slightly different.
We'll start with the most important type of Organization Accounts: Company. In Andar, companies are the organizations that donate, sponsor, and/or volunteer through your United Way. A company can be a business, a school, a bank, or a government agency. Companies are your constituents.
Let's create a Company account. To avoid creating duplicate accounts, do a search first. Type in the name of the company name as shown below. If you are not using a training database, please ask your system administrator for permission before creating a new account.
If this account is not found, click on Add a new organization account (F12) to create the account.
Enter necessary information and click Add & Open. The new account profile will look a lot like this. Click on the tabs to see where you need to add more information. You organization may have developed standards on how to input account information. Click on the Show Policy at the top to see if there is any Data Policy.
Company Account Profile Tabs and Sub-Tabs
Depending on the licenses and security settings at your United Way, you may not be able to see all the tabs and sub-tabs. If you need these tabs or sub-tabs, ask your security administrator to give you the appropriate authorities. Your newly-created account contains very little data. A lot of the tabs and sub-tabs will be blank or showing 0. To see meaningful account information, please find an account that has pledged this year and/or last year.
Your United Way may have decided to use only some of the tabs and sub-tabs. We'll look at the most frequently-used ones.
- Contact Rules Sub-Tab indicates when you can or cannot contact this account. An employer's Contact Rules may also apply to the employees.
- Correspond Pref Sub-Tab indicates which postal address, email address, phone numbers, fax numbers, and/or name this account prefers to be contacted with.
- PrivacyDefaults Sub-Tab indicates whether or not this account's contact information can be released to agencies.
- Web Addresses sub-tab stores this account's Web Addresses such as its main web site, Facebook and Twitter accounts.
Communications Tab tracks who has contacted this account, when, and in what way.
- Comm Log Sub-Tab stores all communications involving this organization and your United Way. Communications are typically between the contacts or the employees of this organization and and your United Way. The organization account can be linked to the communications so you can see all communications involving this organization in one place.
- Mail Lists Sub-Tab and Mail Usages Sub-Tab display which Mailing List(s) the account is on.
- Receipts Sub-Tab, Statement Sub-Tab, and TY Letters Sub-Tab display the Receipts, Statement, and Thank you letters that have been issued or sent to the account.
- CRM Tab stores information helpful for sales and marketing departments to better manage their relationships with the prospective donors.
- Competitive Sub-Tab displays gifts that the account gave to other fundraising organizations.
- Hot Buttons Sub-Tab stores critical information that everyone on staff should/must know about this account. Pop-up messages will appear whenever this account is searched or selected anywhere in Andar. Most accounts won't have any hot buttons.
- Prospects Sub-Tab indicates if this account is a prospect. It charts the steps that have been taken towards the account.
- Ranking Sub-Tab shows how this account ranks against all other organizations in your Andar database.
- Ranking by Node Sub-Tab shows how this account ranks against other accounts in the same campaign structure node and its lower nodes. Typically, only accounts that have something in common are put in the same campaign structure node. For example, this organization ranks #1 among IT companies.
- Notes Sub-Tab - Free-form texts and images can be added to almost any data in a Table List in Andar. All the notes will be automatically categorized and saved to that account's Notes Sub-Tab. You can add notes here.
- Relationships Tab stores relationships between this account and other accounts.
- Affiliation Sub-Tab displays all the accounts affiliated with this organization. These people may not be employees. For example, a doctor would be affiliated with a hospital where he has practicing rights but is not employed by them.
- Education Sub-Tab indicates this organization is an educational institution. It displays a list of students of this school, college, or university.
- Employment Sub-Tab displays a list of employees of this organization, their contact information, and their gifts in the past two years. Employment Relationships will have an impact on pledge processing, campaign data analysis by organization, and whether or not the employee(s) can access e-Community. You can set goals on employees who have potentials to give major gifts.
- Contacts Sub-Tab lists all the Contacts of this organization. Contacts are the important for your communications with this organization. Their information is often used for e-mailing or mailing to this organization.
- Managers Sub-Tab - The top section shows who is the account manager of this organization. The bottom section shows who manages this account in the campaign structure node(s).
- General Rel Sub-Tab displays the relationships this account has with other accounts. An A/R Billing Relationship determines which account will be billed.
- P/S Tree Sub-Tab shows the account in the Parent:Subsidiary tree: which organization is the parent (or headquarter) of this organization and which organization is the child (or branch) of this organization. Parent:Subsidiary Relationships cause the campaign data to automatically roll up from subsidiaries to the parent accounts, making it easier to monitor the progress of campaigns.
- Relation Tree Sub-Tab shows all of the account's relationships in the tree format.
- Campaign Tab stores information helpful for campaigners to set goals at the account level and monitor the progress of the campaign.
- Camp History Sub-Tab displays the contribution history of the account based on the pledges that have been processed. You will see the gift amount by type (Corporate, Employee, etc.), leadership amount, number of employees, number of donors, percent participation, average gift and per capita.
- Camp History RU Sub-Tab is useful if this account is the parent account in a Parent:Subsidiary Relationship. It displays the contribution history of this organization as well as its subsidiaries. You will see the gift amount by type (Corporate, Employee, etc.), leadership amount, number of employees, number of donors, percent participation, average gift and per capita.
- E Track Parm Sub-Tab displays a list of employees who have their employee goals set. This is for tracking major gifts on employees.
- E Track Parm RU Sub-Tab is useful if this account is the parent account in a Parent:Subsidiary Relationship. It displays a list of employees of this organization and its subsidiaries who have their employee goals set.
- Event Giving Sub-Tab displays the contributions from this organization and its employees through events.
- Expectancy Sub-Tab displays this organization's "future" gifts. You can enter Expectancy Gifts for the account here. When the actual gift is received and entered as a transaction in Andar, the matching Expectancy Gift can be linked to the actual gift.
- Matching Sub-Tab lets you set up rules that govern how this organization will match employee's gifts. Andar will use these rules to mass generate match gifts.
- Step-Up Sub-Tab shows all Step-Up Programs that the organization participates in.
- Step-Up Emp Sub-Tab shows all current employees who are part of a Step-Up Program. The employees do not have to be part of a program that the employer participates in order to show up here.
- Track Parm Sub-Tab lets you set goals and projections for an account and manually final the account for a campaign.
- Track Parm RU Sub-Tab is useful if this account is the parent account in a Parent:Subsidiary Relationship. Tracking Parameters from subsidiary accounts are rolled up into the parent account.
- Donor Choice Tab tracks the donor choices. Your Finance Department might use some of the functions to adjust payments to agencies and other United Ways.
- Attr Summary Sub-Tab shows the year-by-year designation summaries from this account and the employees, broken down by the profile attribute of designated account.
- Attr Summary RU Sub-Tab shows the year-by-year rollup designation summaries from this account, its subsidiaries, and their employees. The designation summaries are broken down by the profile attribute of designated account.
- Designations Sub-Tab shows all designations made by this account and to which organization(s) they were made. They are designations on Corporate gifts and/or employee gifts that were entered as a batch.
- Sum History Sub-Tab displays the year-by-year history of all the designations made by the organization and/or its employees.
- Sum History RU Sub-Tab is useful if the account is is the parent account in a Parent:Subsidiary Relationship. It displays the year-by-year history of all the designations made by the organization and its subsidiaries as well as their employees.
- Summary Sub-Tab lets you query the totals of designations made by the organization and its employees by campaign year and by campaign.
- Contracts Sub-Tab - Contracts on an organization account indicate that designations from this organization will be charged a different administration fee from a normal policy.
- Group Contracts Sub-Tab lists all the Group Contracts this organization is a part of. Contracts can be set up for a group of accounts as exceptions. It indicates that designations from everyone in this group will be charged a different administration fee from a normal policy.
- Sum by Str Sub-Tab shows designation summaries from this account and the employees, in the Donor Choice Structure format.
- Sum by Str RU Sub-Tab shows designation summaries from this account, its subsidiaries, and the employees, in the Donor Choice Structure format.
- Finance Tab stores information useful for your Finance Department.
- A/R Inquiry Sub-Tab displays a history of pledges, payments, adjustments and balance due for this account.
- A/R RU Sub-Tab is useful if this account is the Consolidated Billing Account in an A/R Billing Relationship. It shows the A/R summaries of Consolidated Billing Account and all its Child Billing Accounts.
- Bill Schedule Sub-Tab - Billing schedules are typically set up system-wide or on the employer account. Billing schedules on the employer account will apply to the employees unless the employees have different Billing Schedules on their own accounts.
- Statement Sum Sub-Tab displays the statement summaries of the account. You can email a statement summary to the account from here.
- Envelopes Sub-Tab - An Envelope resembles a physical envelope that holds the pledge cards. This sub-tab shows the Workplace Envelopes created specifically for this organization that store transactions (pledges, payments, adjustments, etc.) for the organization and/or its employees. If this organization has transactions in Envelopes that are not for any specific account (for example, Miscellaneous envelopes), these Envelopes will also show up here. You can see what is in the envelopes or close the envelopes here.
- Transactions Sub-Tab displays all transactions pertaining to the account: pledges, payments, adjustments, and transactions matched by sponsors. You can drill-down to see the details of each transaction.
- Leaders Tab
- Emp Leaders Sub-Tab lists the employees of this organization who have attained the leadership giving levels.
- Emp Leaders RU Sub-Tab lists all employees of this organization and of all its subsidiaries who have attained the leadership giving levels.
- Leader Sum Sub-Tab shows total leader dollars and the number of leaders at each level for this organization.
- Leader Sum RU Sub-Tab shows total leader dollars and the number of leaders at each level for this organization and all its subsidiaries.
- General stores miscellaneous information about this account such as anniversary, number of employees, events attended, awards received, etc.
- Descriptions Sub-Tab stores the description of this organization that can be shown on the web.
- Documents Sub-Tab stores the documents uploaded by this organization via the web pages specifically-designed for sharing documents. If you add documents here, this organization will be able to download them from the web.
- Audit Log Tab shows the changes made to the account profile, who made the changes and when.