Hyperlinks to access files on a network drive were created within cells of a spreadsheet. They were tested and open with no issue. After saving the the spreadsheet, the problem occurs. When trying to click on any of the hyperlinks “the address of this site is not valid" error message comes up.
- Go to File, Info, Show All Properties.
- Go to Update Hyperlink Base in the list on the right.
- Add the drive letter the files are located. (P:\) for example.
- Save the Excel spreadsheet.
- You need to do this to any file with hyperlinks.