The Acknowledgement entity in Community Connect provides a way to generate Thank You messages (and other types of messages) to constituents based on participation levels, and to record when those messages have been sent.
The Acknowledgement Run Log is the “container” entity for grouping Acknowledgements by donor selection criteria and Acknowledgement type. It is the entity through which users access the Acknowledgement functionality.
How to Use Acknowledgements
- Create an Acknowledgement Run Log record.
- Go to RD -> Acknowledgement Run Log.
- Click “+ New” in the top left of the page that appears.
- Complete the Form. (“Name”, “Minimum Pledge”, “Maximum Pledge”, “Mail Delivery”, and “Owner” are required fields on the form.)
- Set the Name of the Acknowledgement Run Log.
- Set the Minimum Pledge.
- Set the Maximum Pledge. The Maximum Pledge must be greater than the Minimum Pledge.
- Select the Campaign Year.
- Select the Mail Delivery type (email or letter).
- Optionally, select Membership(s) from the “Membership 1” through “Membership 9” fields.
EXAMPLE: In the example in the screenshot below, the Acknowledgement Run Log will act upon Contacts who:
- Donated between $500.00 and $1000.00 during the Campaign Year 2013 AND are associated with Key Club OR Cinquefoil.
- Click “Save” (or “Save & Close”) in the nav bar at the top of the screen. This will create the record.
- Click OK. A plugin will be launched immediately after. This plugin will create the Acknowledgement record(s).
- When it completes, print the Acknowledgements from a list of Acknowledgements associated with the Acknowledgement Run Log by going to the Acknowledgements List View, selecting the one(s) you want to print, and clicking the appropriate report from the Reports menu.
- Once the process has completed, manually launch the Acknowledgement Run Log -> Workflow called “Process Acknowledgement - create Ack Activity; change Ack Status to PROCESSED; change Ack to THANKED” which creates an Acknowledgement Activity, changes the Status of the Acknowledgement Run Log to PROCESSED, and sets the Acknowledgement record to THANKED.
The Workflow on the Acknowledgement Run Log entity is designed to automatically create acknowledgement activities and update the record status of the individual receiving an Acknowledgement. All of the Workflows are “on demand”, meaning that the user has to select an Acknowledgement Run Log (or group of Acknowledgement Run Logs) and choose to run the Workflow; nothing is automatic.
There is a Workflow in the Acknowledgement Run Log entity called “Process Acknowledgement - create Ack Activity; change Ack Status to PROCESSED”. This Workflow is used to mark the Acknowledgement Run Log as processed.