The Tax Receipts process in Community Connect allows the United Way to send tax receipts to batches of Contacts or Accounts who have requested them. Tax Receipts can be sent via email or letter based on the preferences of the Contact/Account. Once the Tax Receipt has been sent, a Tax Receipt Activity is added to the Contact/Account to show it has been done.
- To create a Tax Receipt for a Contact, go into CRM:RDàTax Receipt Run Log.
- By default, Active Tax Receipt Run Logs will display.
- Click “+ NEW” near the top-left corner to create a new Tax Receipt Run Log.
- In the following screen, enter this information:
- Name (required): The name for the Tax Receipt Run Log record.
- Minimum Payment Amount: The minimum payment to be processed by this Tax Receipt Run Log.
- Maximum Payment Amount: The maximum payment to be processed by this Tax Receipt Run Log.
- Tax Receipt Year: The year with which this Tax Receipt Run Log is associated.
- Tax Receipt Start Date: This Tax Receipt Run Log will send receipts for payments made on a date between a Start and End Date range. Enter the Start Date of this Run Log. For example, if you wanted to send receipts for payments made during the month of May, 2017, set this to “5/1/2017”.
- Tax Receipt End Date: Enter the End Date of this Run Log. For example, if you wanted to send receipts for payments made during the month of May, 2017, set this to “5/31/2017”.
- Mail Delivery (required): Select one of these options:
- Email: Send all Tax Receipts matching this run log via email.
- Letter: Send all Tax Receipts matching this run log via letter.
- Run Log Status:
- Number of Tax Receipts: After processing, Community Connect records the number of tax receipts sent by this Tax Receipt Run Log.
- Tax Receipt Type: Tax Receipt Type can be configured to represent whatever type of Tax Receipt you may need to send out. Typically, Tax Receipt Types of “Contact” or “Account” are used, but if you need something else, add it.
To view Tax Receipts and their status, go to CRM:RDàTax Receipt. The default view displays all Active Tax Receipts. The default view has the following columns:
- Name: The name of the Tax Receipt record. It includes the Contact’s name (last, first) and the year with which the receipt is associated. For example, “Smith, Kelly L. Tax receipt for 2016”.
- Contact ID: The name of the Contact to whom the tax receipt will be sent. Click the link to open the Contact’s record.
- Preferred Email: If the Contact has a preferred email defined, it is displayed in this column.
- Preferred Salutation: The Contact’s preferred salutation is displayed in this column.
- Primary Email Available: If the Contact’s primary email address is available, this column displayed “Yes”, otherwise it displays “No”.
- Delivery Method: The delivery method of the Tax Receipt for this Contact. Can be either “Email” or “Letter”.
- Created On: The date & time on which the Tax Receipt record was created.
When Tax Receipting is run, a Tax Receipt Activity is created on the Contact record showing the contents of the receipt sent to the Contact.