Is the Outlook 2016 search feature not working?
Follow These Steps:
- Click on File, then Options.
- Click Search on the left hand side.
- Before proceeding with a reset, check the Results section.
- For the Include results only from option, click All Mailboxes.
- Try searching again. If that is still not working, go back to steps 1-2 and then proceed with step 6.
- Click on the Indexing Options button.
- Click on the Advanced button.
- Now click on the Rebuild button.
- Note - For Outlook 2016 the Windows Search Email Indexer add in is set to disable. It is a leftover feature from previous versions of Outlook. Enabling or disabling it does not matter.
Virtual Tutorial - Outlook 2016 - Search feature is not working